BEHIND THE BOOKCASE .... attic living in HEIDELBERG

Thursday, June 25, 2009

June in Heidelberg

It's been another great week in Heidelberg. Heaven help me if I get complacent about where we live or my family (I'm crazy about'm!). At the same time, I feel as though I am getting used to doing things differently.

For example, I think I'm fully integrating the producemeister's schedule into my meal prep. He's only open from 11-1 and 4-7 during the week, but is not open on Wednesday afternoons. Which means, remember to get an apple and a pear before he closes on Wednesday in order to have it available for Thursday morning's lunch sack. Ok, that might have been a bad example, but I hope you get the picture.

My dad arrived this week for an extended visit and we are so excited to have him here. On his first day, we went for a brief walkabout and had to stop for an eis (ice cream/sherbert). Here's a snap of him, Marie, Flower, and Joe. Way fun.




We went for a bit of shopping on the Hauptstrasse, this is my dad and Marie walking just ahead of John and me. Doesn't my dad look cute in his new hat?


One of our favorite Young Single Adults is moving with his family back to the States - we snapped this photograph just after Institute. Jeff has all of his missionary paperwork completed and will be submitting it as soon as he's back home in Iowa. Of course, we're dragging my dad along in all that we do - expect to see him frequently on the blog while he's here.


Joe is finishing up the Golf Merit Badge with his troop - all 18 rounds. Joe is third from the left in ball cap and shades. My dad, designated ball chaser, is standing next to Joe and looking ready to take on the day.

Everyday life with my family is where it's at.

2 comments:

  1. That's so great your dad got to come! How fun! I keep meaning to send Marie a little something for graduation. When is she leaving for Utah? Should I send it there or will I miss her?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing adventure for your family!! Have fun with your Dad:)

    ReplyDelete