BEHIND THE BOOKCASE .... attic living in HEIDELBERG

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Little of This, Little of That

This past week as been quite busy. 

Last Monday morning John crashed his bike on his commute to work.
He was able to ride back home (he was about 4km away), but he was pretty banged up and in pain.  Recovery has been slow this week, but both shiners are starting to turn lighter shades of purple and the yellow has appeared.  He took a good chunk of skin from his right knee.  This photo wastaken after 6 days of recovery.  *sigh*



Later in the week John made me a most delicious ham/cheese/tomato sandwich - it was so beautiful I just had to take a picture.






We had some fresh lilacs from the market - they reminded me so much of our house at 123 Lindenwood Avenue.







Mr. and Mrs. Neighbor dropped by to return the chicken noodle soup pot I had taken over to them.  They were so appreciative ... they also gave me roses.  I am still very humbled by their gratitude.




Enjoying one week at a time is where it's at.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, poor John--that sounds awful. I'm sure you're taking good care of him during recovery. You two are such a cute couple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, even after two decades I can still make her sigh. That takes a rare skill.
    And yes, she did take really good care of me last week. Plus she was nice enough to use one of the "almost fully recovered" pictures. For a view less pleasant take a look here: http://jt-murphy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouch John! I hope you heal fast!

    ReplyDelete